The down conductor spacing is determined by the Class of LPS and is shown in the table below.
The lightning energy is shared by the down conductors.
- A minimum of two down conductors spaced around the perimeter should be used on a structure. Wherever possible the down
conductors should be installed on the exposed corners of the structure.
- The down conductor should be run in the most direct route to the earth system.
- Avoid sharp bends and corners.
- The use of rebar and other metal as fortuitous down conductors is recommended.
- The recommended fastening of down conductors is 1000mm centres.